In order to comply with the U.S.A. Patriot Act, the Patent and Trademark Federal Credit Union is required to verify the identity of members applying for and opening new accounts/services or adding signatories to existing accounts/services with the credit union.
Information that we are required to obtain includes:
- Mailing Address
- Street Address (if different)
- Social Security Number or Tax Identification Number
- Date of Birth
To open your account you will need to provide at least one of the following forms of identification:
- PTO employees must present a valid PTO employment badge.
- Contractors must present a valid PTO contractor badge.
- Family members are required to complete the New Members application and a Family Membership verification Card. The primary member and the family member must sign the Family Member Verification Card.
- Copy of government issued photo ID (such as driver's license, passport, Student ID, State issued ID, etc.)
- Additional data or identification, as required under the U.S.A. Patriot Act, may also be gathered depending on the type of account applied for or opened. Data on existing members will be gathered as they open or use additional services offered by the credit union or add signatories to accounts.
A deposit of $25.00 to your primary share account is required at the time the account is opened. There are no minimum balance requirements for share draft/checking accounts and no monthly service fees.
The U.S.A. Patriot Act requires the credit union to maintain records of the identification verification and update the information.
Confidentiality of this information will be maintained as required under the Privacy Act and all other applicable laws and regulations.